Monday, March 26, 2012

C4T #3

Quality Commenting - Student Guest Post by Zoe M.

This post by Mrs. Langwitch is about a student who writes a blog post about writing blogs and comments on blogs. This is a student in her fourth grade class named Zoe. Zoe's write an incredible blog post about how you should and should not comment on another person's blog. She also gives tips on how to better your blogs and your comments. I loved reading this blog, but it shows that blogs are becoming more and more common.



I invite few guest bloggers to share posts on Langwitches.

This makes it especially rewarding to be able to present to my readers an incredible young lady. Zoe is growing by leaps and bounds as a blog writer and commenter. She is a fourth grader at the Martin J. Gottlieb Day School and is taking part in an International Action Research currently underway between four blogging classrooms (USA,Thailand, Switzerland, Czech Republic). The following post is a wonderful testimonial to her understanding of blog commenting as a form of communication and learning.



I am honored to be able to share Zoe’s post, since I believe many, including grown-up blogging newbies, will benefit from her advice.

How to Make A Quality Comment by Zoe

When you comment on my blog I want your comments to be memorable. I want them to represent you, so even if I don’t know you, I will feel as if I do.When you comment on a blog you want it to be unique. To make it a quality comment it has to have fancy words such as instead of writing, “That is a pretty butterfly.”which is what 1st graders could do ,write” What a lovely butterfly! I love how its wings are all sparkly. I would enjoy it if you could teach me how. Did you know that a butterfly’s wing is its most fragile part?” That already is a better comment. To make a comment better, add on to the post, writing a new bit of information, it makes it a quality comment. Also, links help, if you find a website that has something to do with the topic someone is blogging about, put the link. Here is how you put a link on your blog:


That is how you make a quality comment.




Hi, my name is Candace Buzbee and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed reading this post! When I started my EDM310 class, it was the first time I had ever blogged or commented on another persons blog. I did not really do a whole lot at first, but lately I have been really been commenting and blogging more and more. Reading what Zoe had to say about commenting makes me even more determined to write the best comments and blogs that I can. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Candace



Action Research- Quadblogging Trailer

This blog is another post by Mrs. Langwitch. This post is also about blogs, and quality writing. This blog post has a video explaining how the International Action Research team is teaching "Quality Writing through Blogging" throughout the world. I love this, and I think this is a great way to improve students writing skills.



If you are interested in following the blogs of the International Action Research teams on “Quality Writing through Blogging”, take a look at the following trailer and visit the classroom and student blogs to see for yourself the progress they are making, draw your own conclusions about blogging with students.
If so inclined, you can support our students by modeling quality commenting and reminding them that they do indeed have a global audience. Their writing matters!

Team USA- mjgds.org/classrooms/4thgrade/
Team Thailand- inside.isb.ac.th/rm204
Team Czech Republic- blogs.isp.cz/grade3v/
Team Switzerland- stuweb.iszl.ch/Stuweb2011/Grade4/4S/4S.htm






Hi, my name is Candace Buzbee and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I love this and I feel that this is a wonderful way to share blogs across the world. I feel that this is something that is a great way to let the students become networked with other students across the world. Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Candace



C4T #3

No comments:

Post a Comment